CLingDing, the discussion group of the IU Computational Linguistics community.
This semester, we meet on Tuesdays at noon in Memorial Hall 401 (unless otherwise noted).
- August 28 - Organizational Meeting
September 4 - Olga Scrivner & Sandra Kuebler: Old Occitan Treebank
September 14 - Jason Quinley (University of Tübingen): Pronouns of Social Distance in Insults and Their Biological Basis (Note: Friday, Sep. 14 at noon, Woodburn 121)
September 20 - Jirka Hana (Charles University, Prague): Building a learner corpus of Czech (Note: Thursday, Sep. 20 at 11am, MM 401)
September 25 - Eric Baucom & Xiaozhong Liu: Sentiment Analysis for Twitter
- October 2 - Jonathan Washington: Writing Turkic-language morphological transducers using HFST (for MT)
- October 9 - Xiaozhong Liu: Topic modeling and Full-text citation analysis
October 23 - Eric Baucom & Levi King: Domain adaptation
- October 30 - Scott Ledbetter: Analyzing learner Hungarian
- November 6 - Wren Thornton
- November 13 - LUNCH!
- November 20 - No Meeting, Thanksgiving
November 27 - Olga Scrivner & Eric Baucom: Latin-English parallel corpus
- December 4 - OPEN
If you're not on the computational linguistics email list, COMPLING-L, send a blank email to: CompLing-l-subscribe 'at' indiana.edu